Saturday 21 December 2013

'Batman Returns' commentary

Body parts in a sewer? Deformed man leering at young women? Sexy death wish suicide kisses?

Yes, nothing says Christmas like Timmy Burton's second and final entry in the Batman franchise - 'Batman Cum Back'. It's a film that's GOFFIK as all buggery, that's bleak, that's bizarrely humour ridden and one that seems to divide fans from being a classic to being a complete occupation of Gotham by the forces of Timmy B's fevered black dreams - So which is it?


There's only one way to find out and it's to listen to this here commentary and reflect that, no matter how bad your Christmas is going, Selena Kyle's is going worse.





WARNING - This film may be Tim Burton's pure MEGA LOLZ!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this guys, I enjoyed watching this one again in your company. It's strangely the only one of the four I didn't see at the cinema, but remains my firm favourite. Polly is wrong in thinking it's no good, but the first time I met her she was wearing a batman t-shirt, so I'll forgive her. Say hi to her from me. I've done these in the wrong order, having already watched-along-a-blog with Batman and Robin (oddest title of them all, since he was in the previous film), and yesterday I watched Batman (1989 version). In 'Returns' I did miss the model work of Derek Meddings from the previous film. No amount of CGI can ever look as good the Axis Chemicals scene where the Batmobile blows the place up. Yes, I know the Joker's helicopter looks just plain silly, but apart from that, the model work is faultless. Mark Perkins

    ReplyDelete